Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break TEXAS Style

Here's a West Texas Prairie Dog. Look at that belly!

I thought these flowers were gorgeous!

We love going to the River Walk.

Shelby liked looking at the replica of an old western town.

The Buckhorn Museum.

Shelby thought it was pretty neat to be inside a bubble.

Bethany enjoyed "talking" on the phone at the Children's Museum.

Adam carefully explained the history of the Alamo to Shelby but don't know if she quite got it just yet!

PaPa and MiMi in front of the Alamo.

Shelby's with one of the Alamo interpreters.

I guess I'm the Bird Whisperer. This bird stayed on my hand a good 2-3 minutes before Adam finally had to literally knock him off! He kept licking my hand???!!!

These birds remind Adam and I of Mexico...Good times!

Butterfly Girl

Poor Adam and MiMi suffered from some pretty mean allergies!

Bethany wasn't thrilled to be sitting on the Kimono Dragon...

The flamingos were so pretty and Shelby too!

Us on the train about to go on a ride around the zoo. Shelby and Bethany thought it was the greatest.

We had a fun Spring Break '09 last week. We spent the first part of the week in San Antonio and the other half of the week at MiMi and PaPa's. While in SA we went to the zoo, the Buckhorn and Children's Museum, the Alamo and took a boat ride down the River. We ate some really good food (the homemade tortillas and breakfast tacos were my most favorite) and walked A LOT. The weather was perfect. It was a little cool in the mornings but warmed up nicely in the afternoons. The last half of the week we went to Adam's parent's house where we r-e-l-a-x-e-d! It was so nice to not be in the car and have home cooked meals! We talked and laughed and talked and laughed some more! It was nice.

5 comments:

Glo said...

Oh wow! It looks like you guys had a great time. I would love to go to San Antonio and take Miranda to Sea World. I think I would have as much fun as she would.LOL I am glad your trip was good, but also glad that you are back!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

That Kimono looks pretty stinkin scary! I wouldn't have liked it either. Didn't seem to phase Shel! Haha! Bethy looks so cute talking on the phone. I'm glad y'all had fun!

Amber said...

Fun! I want to take the boys to San Antonio...looks llike such a great family vacation spot.

Glad you guys had a great time!

Kendra said...

Okay, I'm going to have to go to San Antonio now. Just not drive. It's 6 hours just to Arkadelphia from here! But I'm glad you had a great time!

Alison said...

Ahh..looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love San Antonio, and what a fun age for Shelby to go (while she's just getting into the historical aspect of life). Fun fun!