Sunday, February 7, 2010

Workin' 8 to 5

Starting Tuesday I'll be returning to work full time. Excited? Yes. Nervous? Yes. Sad? Yes. I'm very thankful for the opportunity I've had to be a full time mom to my girls for almost the first 3 years of their lives but we've decided that Bethany's ready to socialize with children her own age and be in a structured school-type setting so I'll be starting a full time job on Tuesday. She'll start her first day of day care on Monday. Thankfully we found her a really great place to go to. I know she will have so much fun but it makes me a little sad that I won't be with her all day.
My new job is going to be a receptionist/file clerk at a doctor's office here in town. I don't quite know what to expect but I'm up for the challenge. The extra money won't hurt either!
Friday, Adam and I went to Kohl's, JCPenney's and Shoe Carnival to shop for work clothes. Let me just say I got some GREAT deals. I got 7 shirts for me and a pair of jeans for Adam for $51. I got about $460 worth of clothes at Kohl's for $150 PLUS $20 Kohl's cash. AND, I got buy one get one half price on shoes. I got a ton of new clothes. It was fun!
Anyway, tomorrow will be a big day for Beth. I've got her little bag packed. I can't forget to pack her blankie for her nap time...
Please pray for us all to have a smooth transition from me being at home to me working. I know that God has had His hand in this whole situation because of how every thing's worked out so far and I know He will continue to watch over us.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will be praying for your Mommy heart tomorrow and Bethy too!! Then the rest of the week for your smooth transitions and that you will both have FUN!! I love you Jen!

Mandy said...

I had no idea you were going back to work! I hope you have a great first week and that Bethany makes a smooth transition. I'm sure she will, she is such the social thing!

Alison said...

Thinking and praying for you today! Hope it goes well!!! You'll do great.