Friday, November 2, 2007

Hair Bow Making: 1st Attempt


I am very excited about learning how to make hair bows! I went online several days ago and purchased an e-book on how to make boutique-style hair bows. I went today to pick out some ribbon. I thought I'd do a little orange so the girls could be festive for the fall. I attempted to make my first bows and they didn't turn out quite like I expected. It was fun but I did acquire a painful burn as I was hot gluing the knots to the middle of my bows! Did you know you can prevent fraying from ribbon ends by slightly melting them with a lighter? You can see they need a little more work, but as they say: practice makes perfect! I think now I'll move on to some Christmas bows...

4 comments:

Glo said...

You did a good job Jen! I love them! You will only get better and better! Have a good weekend!

Love,
Glo :)

Stephanie said...

You crack me up. I made hairbows for years it seemed, then with Ellie, I just stopped...now when I feel like they need a bow, I go buy one. Lazy me.

I think they look good!

Anonymous said...

You did a good job, Jen!! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Those are so cute! I have used many free online instructions too plus I bought this e-book www.sweetbabybowtique.com
Just wanted to pass on the link!

Veronica