Wednesday, January 9, 2008

SLOW DOWN!!!

It's 10 pm and I can't sleep. My head should be able to just hit the pillow and I should just fall into peaceful slumber until Bethany decides to let me know she's hungry. My mind is racing with all the things I need to get done. All the things that in the long run really don't matter. Things that take me away from spending time with my precious girls who are growing up WAY too quickly. Things like polishing my kitchen cabinet hinges and knobs (which is way harder and more time consuming than I had planned), cleaning house, unpacking from my very nice visit with Adam's mom and dad just to pack again for my very long awaited anniversary trip with Adam...the list goes on and on. I often pray that I prioritize my life so that I can spend time on the most important things in my life: my relationship with God first, family second. I need to continue praying and work on it very hard because before I know it my beloved girls will grow up and fly away and I will have many regrets. So tomorrow, even though the house is not as perfect as I would like it, there is a mountain of laundry and I'm TIRED, I will focus on my girls and just thank God that he has so generously blessed me with them. I will be sure that the girls and Adam know how truly special and important they are to me and how much I dearly love them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right state of mine.

Stephanie said...

Glad you're back!!

Tell me about the trip...

Jennifer Gallagher said...

I think you're absolutely right. Prayer will prioritize your life in no time. They grow up so fast! I remember when Shelby wasn't even two and wanted to play doggie all day. I miss her. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, by the way, what anniversary trip is coming up?

Anonymous said...

Jen, if anyone has their priorities straight, it would be you! You are a wonderful Christian, wife, mother, and best friend. Always know that! We all love you and know that you are doing great!!! :)