Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Time With Bethany

Today Adam had to travel out of town so he took Shelby with him to spend some one on one time with her. So I get to spend some one on one time with Bethany! It's nice and very much needed. Don't get me wrong, I love Shelby to pieces, but it's much different when having a second baby. With Shelby, I got to spend ALL of my time with her. And with Bethany...well, not near as much. It's kind of hard to divide my time equally between the two. After Bethany was born and I was trying to adjust to having two, I felt really bad because all my time and effort was being put into Bethany. Shelby was used to having my total focus. Then I worried that I was not giving Bethany enough of my attention and felt bad because I could not give her ALL of my attention like I did Shelby. Well, it's getting a little easier. I am an only child myself so I am trying to figure out this whole sibling thing. I love being a mom of two beatiful girls and am so glad I am blessed with this wonderful opportunity to be a mom. We're all in this thing together and I guess we'll have lots to learn as we go along!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is great to have a day with your baby!! I am sure if it was all weighed out, they would much prefer having a sister than being an only child with all Mom's attention. You are a great Mom (you can tell by the way your wonderful girls act)!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Stephanie! You're always such an encouraging person!

Amanda said...

I am right there with you sister!!! I have a hard time as well, any advice?

Jennifer said...

Not really any advice, Amanda. I'm just trying to figure it out myself. I'm starting to recognize when Shelby feels left out. Like last night I was in the bathroom with the door shut and Shelby wanted very badly to come in. I told her I'd be out in a minute so she waited at the door until I was done. She came in and said she had to go potty and she wanted me to sit down while she pottied. Right then I was like, "Wow! She's REALLY craving time with me!" So, yes, I sat with her while she pottied and then we cuddled up on the couch and watched tv the rest of the evening!

Anonymous said...

You are doing everything right Jen! You are an awesome mom and I am just proud to have you as my friend! Can't wait until tomorrow....girl's night out!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome mom, Jen. Those two are lucky to have you as their Mommy. You have always been a great mom.
I can say from experience that it is better to have a sibling of some kind than be an only child.......even though I was super spoiled. I still would've rather had a sister or brother. A sister-in-law will do, though!! :) Just as good....maybe even better. And I ahve a lot of cousins (or cousin-in-laws) that work just like a sister to me. ;)