Friday, April 25, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah

Not a lot has been going on lately. My mother-in-law has been down for the last few days for a visit. It's been nice to have some grown-up conversation during the day!
Shelby had her first roller skating experience last Wednesday. She went with a bunch of kids from the after school program she goes to on Wednesday afternoons. Adam and I are going to take her back on Sunday. Let see if the "old folks" can stay on their feet and not their tushies! I haven't been roller skating in probably 12 or 13 years so this should be interesting!
Shel's very last day of preschool is May 2nd. :( I'm getting so nostalgic thinking about her in kindergarten. I just love that little girl soooo much!!! She's SUCH a joy!
Bethers Mahoolahan... (my friend Glo calls Beth "Bethers" and Adam calls her "Bethers Mahoolahan". He's even made up a song to go with it that she just loves! hehehe!) Anyway, Bethany has gotten 3 teeth now and is working on her fourth. She waves bye-bye (with both hands simultaneously) and likes to bite ANYTHING! She's on the verge of walking. She stands alone and tries very hard to take a step. She's such a sweetie!
I'm REALLY wanting to lose some weight. It seems like after I had Shelby, the weight came off so quickly...now, after Beth, not so easy! Maybe it's because I'm older or something. I've been walking twice a week with my neighbor hoping to shed some pounds or inches...whichever comes first.
Oh, we got a new computer! Yay! The laptop we got 8 years ago finally bit the dust. This new desktop is sooo much faster and now I can store all my pics and music and videos! I'm super excited!
I know my thoughts are random, but I just thought I'd share a little about what's going on in our world. Until next time...

3 comments:

Jennifer Gallagher said...

You can roller skate?! I never could even as a child. I think my big booty threw me off balance. I'm with you on the weight loss. Ugh. I figure now that I don't have so much stress, I have no excuse. We will lose it together! I just keep picturing myself skinny. I feel lighter already.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I used to love to skate!! I haven't even tried in probably at least 10 years. That sounds scarey!! I would be bruised all over...I'm sure.

Shelby starting school? How crazy does that sound!! That is just crazy talk.

I bet Beth is getting so big now. She's gonna be starting school before I know it. :-( I can't really think about that.

And Jen, you look great for having 2 kids!! Don't stress over any of that kind of nonsense.

Glo said...

Wow! I haven't skated since college. I fell and hurt my tail bone. Ever since then, I haven't touched skates.LOL I am glad Shelby had fun! Bethers is going on 4 teeth and is trying to walk?!!! Wow! Time sure does fly. Lakyn is walking and is starting to get heavy now when you hold her. She has 4 teeth, but one is an unusual place for her 4th one. It is beside her top front tooth. It really looks funny.LOL Okay well, I think I am randomly talking now! I will go to bed now! I am sorry I didn't get to talk to you and Cindy last night at the Relay. I was having to walk for my hour for Curves. Then I looked for you and Adam said you were already gone. I'm so sorry. Hopefully we will see you Wednesday. Love ya!