Sunday, June 1, 2008

Yard Sale

I'm going through all of our stuff for my first ever yard sale I'm having with a good friend of mine. I've gotten pretty much everything together, I just need to start pricing. Ugh! The majority of stuff I'm selling is Shelby and Bethany's baby clothes and baby STUFF. It makes me sad to be going through all of their precious, tiny clothes knowing they will never be that small again. I am keeping a few special things...their first dresses, little booties, a pink onesie that says DADDY DOES MY HAIR, etc. I've gotten a little teary eyed through the whole ordeal. But, I can't store their clothes forever. Our storage room is filled to the brim with tubs full of clothes so I guess I must part with them. Right now I'm just selling the 0-12 month clothes. Maybe Bethany will be able to wear some of Shelby's hand-me-downs. Anyway, I may be able to make a pretty good chunk of change. Between the two girls, I've got SEVERAL tubs of clothes. A couple of people are already browsing and have bought already. I've heard baby clothes sell really well at yard sales. With the money I make I'm hoping to buy a new storm door for our front door. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sale goes well!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You crack me up! A storm door. I would buy shoes. haha

Well, I hope you get the door you have been dreaming of. Perhaps a red one with a pretty glass Texas Star on it??

Amanda said...

Yard sales are a lot of work. I vowed I would never do one again after my first one. It does not matter if you price the items, you will always have those people who will haggle you for a cheaper price. Good Luck!!!!

Glo said...

I hope so too Jen! I wanted to work on some of it tonight, but my back is killing me! I guess I will have to take a break and work on it Thursday since we have church Wednesday night. I wish us both luck! Miranda is excited about her and I spending the night! She wants popcorn, so I need to remember to bring some.LOL See ya!

Shanna Lyn said...

Hey! Steph and I have a FEW garage sales a year and YES it is so much work! I don't know why we put ourselves through that so much! I hope you get enough to get your door though and for all the work I hope you make a little extra so you can go by something FUN too even if it is just dinner out for one night!!!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

Hey Jenn! I also vowed never to do it again but now that I'm home I'll be doing one. 1st weekend in September. I'm going to need all summer to get ready. Hopefully that'll make enough to get the kids some winter clothes. I'm going to try and make some of Addison's but will still need some. Hope you guys make a lot. May come by and see ya! Steph D