Tuesday, February 3, 2009

100th Day of School

Today is Shelby's 100th day of school. 100 days? I can hardly believe it. The kids are having a party to celebrate. This school year has flown by. In just 4 short months Shelby will be enjoying her summer vacation!
Shelby's in a Reading Counts program at school. She has already checked out two books, read them herself and has taken a quiz over her first book entitled I Can Ski. She got 4/5 questions right! Wow! She's off to a good start!
She's still enjoying her art club which meets every Friday afternoon. Last semester Mr. Andrus, her art teacher, chose her to be in the club! She does special art projects and just has a lot of fun.
We are in the process of finding her a piano teacher. My mom taught me piano when I was little and I hope Shelby takes it up as well. I think she will really enjoy it.

2 comments:

Glo said...

Wow, how time flies!!! I can't believe that it has been 100 days and only 4 months away from her being promoted to 1st grade!!! Oh man, that means my baby will be going to Pre-K in about 6 months....(cry). Our kids grow too fast. It was good to see you at lunch today. Bether's left me a little part of her on my sleeve...apples.LOL I just laughed and brushed it off. She is like my own, so it doesn't bother me at all! :)

Amy Fulmer said...

We have a flier in the workroom at school of a college girl that is giving lessons.