Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Birthday

So, yesterday was my birthday. And on my birthday I went and worked out for the first time EVER in a gym. I'm taking a Total Body Fitness class. Yesterday we did step aerobics. Let me tell you, I didn't think I could sweat any more after I finished the class! Boy was it ever a workout! My face was beet red and I was soooo tired afterwards. I guess I didn't realize how truly out of shape I was. I'm going to keep at it though. I'm determined! I'm walking three days a week (3 miles...maybe more) and taking this class two days a week. I hope I can do it!

When I got home, Adam and the girls had supper cooked and on the table. They sang Happy Birthday to me after which Bethany said, "Happy to you!" Shelby gave me a precious card she made.

It was a good day!

5 comments:

buscher3 said...

As it gets warmer, I'd love to go on walks with you...especially after the baby comes. I'm not sure if I'd make a good walking partner these days...you'd get frustrated with my lack of speed. Let me know if you'd like to do that!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Happy belated birthday! Good job working out. It's such a chore!

Amber said...

Glad you had a good birthday, but it sounds EXHAUSTING!!! I hate to work out, but I know that I need to so badly. Glad that you are getting an opportunity to do it.

Glo said...

I KNOW you can do it Jen! I am very proud of you! I am glad you had a good birthday and that Adam and the girls surprised you with supper. You have an awesome family!!! :)

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

What gym did you guys join? Let me know if you want to go walking sometime while the kids are in school...We could catch up!