Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School

We survived the first-morning-back-to-school madness! We got up and dressed, ate a good breakfast, said a prayer and off to school we went for Shelby's first day of first grade. It was a little easier to leave her for the day with this being her second year of school UNTIL Adam, Bethany and I got back into the car to go home/work and what did we hear on the radio? Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. I almost lost it but quickly turned off the radio! Why do our kids have to grow up so fast?!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Wow.

Time flies.

And now I'm all misty again.

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Looking stylish, Shel! Way to knock 'em dead. ;) Hang in there, Jen.

The Bowden's said...

Oh, she is looking so cute in her picture. So grown up!

Alison said...

Haha - that's hilarious that that particular song came on. How ironic!! Look at that little diva all posey and stuff. Too cute!

Glo said...

She looks so grown up Jen! Man, I can't believe that I use to hold her and rock her in the recliner when I babysat her! Time is just flying by too fast for us! I guess I will go ahead and listen to the song now that it's been a few days since Miranda's first day of school started! Wish me luck on the song!LOL

Shanna Lyn said...

She looks so cute - kinda like Hannah Montana (LOL)
Cambry always has to try to dress like her!!!