Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Angels in Heaven Are Rejoicing!


Our prayers are answered! Shelby invited Jesus into her heart tonight and accepted Him as her Lord and Savior!

Over the past couple of years Shelby's had many questions about Jesus and the Bible and we have had many long talks with her. While we were eating dinner tonight she had some more questions. We talked and Shelby finally said, "I want to ask Jesus into my life but I don't know how." Oh my goodness... So off to church we went to talk to our Pastor. He took Shelby aside and asked her questions to determine her level of understanding. She knew that she was a sinner and the only way to get to Heaven was through Jesus. Pastor Stan wanted to pray with her and this was her little but powerful prayer, "I want to ask God into my life and I want him to know that I love him!" Wow! Adam and I couldn't be happier and I know the angels are up in heaven singing and rejoicing because Shelby belongs to Jesus!!

7 comments:

Glo said...

Wow Jen! That is great news! I am so proud of Shelby! She is growing up so fast! Please tell her I love her and am proud of her! Love ya!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Yay Shelby! Congratulations on raising a beautiful young Christian, mom and dad!

Amanda said...

Tell Shel I am so proud of her and sooooo happy for her. Tell her I will give her hugs and sugars all over her head when I see her again!

Stephanie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That news just made my month! I am so proud of you and Adam for teaching her about our Father. :)

Tell Shelby we are so excited about this news!!

Amber said...

HOORAY!!!

Such a sweet time in their precious lives and in our parenting lives, too!!!

Mama to Belle and Scooter said...

Annabelle has been praying for Shelby to be saved since last year when she was! I am sooo proud of her! Wonder if she told Annabelle.

Alison said...

Yay! So exciting!