Monday, August 18, 2008

My Little (I Mean Big) Kindergartener





Shelby has anticipated her first day of Kindergarten with much excitement for quite some time now. For the past couple of weeks she has squealed with happiness at the very mention of the beginning of the school year.
She is SO ready for school. She wants so much to learn how to read and spell because she is always asking how to spell something or she asks what a sign says. She can spell a few words already, but I know by the end of this school year she will be able to spell so much more and recognize even more words. I'm so exited for her. She's so eager to learn and loves to be around other kiddos her age.
I didn't know what to anticipate the first day of school. I didn't think she would cry as we left her in her classroom to begin her day, I pretty much figured I would. And I did, a little. Adam even teared up. We are so proud of her and can't believe how fast time has passed that brings us to this day.

4 comments:

buscher3 said...

Aww...I can't believe she's in Kindergarten ALREADY! How was her first day???? And just a positive note...you probably held it together better than I will on that day. She looks so excited!! Yay for her!

Stephanie said...

It makes me tear up just reading about it!!

I cannot believe how quickly they grow up! She looks precious...

Jennifer Gallagher said...

You're so brave! I know that may sound ridiculous but I have attachment issues with your girls so I can only imagine what you must go through! Congratulations Shelby on your first day of school!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Oh. P.S. That's a great picture of you! :)