Monday, August 18, 2008

Shelby's First Day of School

Shelby had a great first day of school. She was very excited for me to come pick her up and I was so excited and anxious to hear how her first day went. When asked what her favorite part was, she said she had so much fun writing on the smart board. She tried to explain to me what a smart board was and I was and still am clueless as to what a smart board is. It must've been fun though! She told me her teacher, Mrs. Garner, was nice. She made some new friends in her class and saw a couple of familiar faces. At library time, the librarian read The Kissing Hand . Shelby told me the story was about a racoon whose mother kissed his hand before he went to school so that when he missed her during the day he could put his hand against his cheek and it was like his mother was kissing him. Sweet story and very appropriate for the very first day of school. P.E. was today. She said that was fun. Recess, of course, was also a highlight of the day. All in all, Shelby had a great day and can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow! I hope she always has this attitude!

6 comments:

Amber said...

So glad she had a great day! I can't believe that she is old enough to go to Kindergarten...it just doesn't seem right!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

They are so grown up!!! I'm glad she had a good day. You were in front of me today picking them up but I wasn't sure if it was you until I saw Shelby come out. Hope you are having a good week!

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

They are so grown up!!! I'm glad she had a good day. You were in front of me today picking them up but I wasn't sure if it was you until I saw Shelby come out. Hope you are having a good week!

Amy Fulmer said...

I saw your girl today...she was smiling and happy. She will have a great year-you won't believe how much she will learn!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

I'm so glad she likes it. I mean, how could she not, her best friend Annabelle is IN HER CLASS. Lol. I think she told me about that at least ten times. So sweet. I know she will do wonderfully!

buscher3 said...

So sweet. I still can't believe she's so grown up. SO...as a former teacher, let me try to explain the smart board. Think really small movie theater screen, but much bigger than your TV. You can hook it up to your computer and show whatever you're doing, watch movies on it, show powerpoint presentations, etc. The coolest thing, probably what she was talking about, is that you can "draw" on the screen with specially made "markers" of all different colors and what you're drawing actually shows up on the screen. Then, with an "eraser", you can erase your work. It's quickly taking the place of the traditional black boards since it's so easy to teach from it.