Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Just doing a smidge of bragging!

Shelby came home with her very first school progress report yesterday! I'm very pleased to say that she did wonderfully! Really...did I have any doubts?! She was proficient in every catagory which included: literacy awareness, writing, math, number sense, listens attentively w/out interrupting, completes work, responds promptly to requests, follows school rules, art, music and PE. Her teacher commented that she was doing great, but we needed to keep a look out for her writing a few numbers and letters backwards. When she first started learning to write her name about a year ago, she would write the whole thing in mirror reverse...how did she do that? Now, she just gets a few letters backward every now and then.

4 comments:

buscher3 said...

Yay Shelby! Sounds like she's doing great!

Mandy said...

She's left handed, isn't she? We think Sawyer is going to be. I have no idea how I am going to teach him to write!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

She's such a smart girl! I met a 4 year old who was so behind because her parents don't do anything with her. Literally...she didn't know how to swing at a park! Shelby is so lucky to have parents that care about her. Good job preparing her to learn and grow!

Glo said...

Way to go Shelby!!! I am so proud of her Jen! I can't wait to see her and tell her myself!