Saturday, October 11, 2008

Autumn Recipe


Here is a really good sweet bread recipe that I got from my good friend, Kyndra a few years ago. I love making it this time of year. It just seems to kick off the holiday season.

Pumpkin Gingerbread
3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 c. oil
2/3 c. water
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. Allspice
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Grease 2 loaf pans. Combine sugar, oil and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, Allspice and cinnamon. Combine flour, soda, salt and powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mix and blend. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/4 hours.

2 comments:

Glo said...

That sounds soooo good Jen! I love your background theme too! It makes me feel like I want to snuggle in some blankets in my nice warm bed.LOL I guess it's also because I am tired and am ready to GO to bed!

buscher3 said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it!