Thursday, October 23, 2008

What A Day

As I sit at the computer, I'm smelling a mixture of burnt-something, Lysol and pear-caramel scented candle. Why? What happened? Ugh...I let the water boil out from under the squash I was steaming. Yuck. I cut my homemade pizza that was hot and fresh from the oven only to almost ruin it by accidentally dumping what seemed like half of the contents of the grated Parmesan cheese on top. Oh well--it scraped off. Steamed squash and pizza? I know...what a combo...it's just that both of these things happened to sound good so I put them together (I didn't put the squash on the pizza though--don't worry!) I'm TIRED!!! I don't feel like doing much of anything. I know I need to but my precious 16 month old kept me up most of the night. I have yet to figure out why. She was warm, dry, hadn't had a decent nap all day. She fussed when it was time for nap time this morning. I hope tonight is better than last night. I need some SLEEP so I can have a better day tomorrow!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Sorry you had a rough day...hopefully tomorrow (and tonight) will be better!

Stephanie said...

hmm...that stinks. I am sorry she didn't sleep. The joy of being a parent!

buscher3 said...

Hope you sleep tonight. Hopefully Bethany will let you!

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Isn't he your most favorite person ever now? It's ok. I can share. ;)Hope you got some much needed rest! At least it's the weekend now. :)

Glo said...

Oh Jen! I am so sorry that Bethers didn't sleep good. I am also sorry about your squash! Things like this can get you frustrated and down. I understand. I hope your week gets better!