Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008 Summary

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas with your families! We did. Christmas Eve and Morning was spent at our house. Shelby and I made frosted sugar cookies and milk for Santa. We set out the reindeer food. Adam read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas to the girls. He also read of Jesus' birth. Shelby woke us up REALLY early on Christmas morning. She had already peeked in the living room to make sure Santa left the gifts. The girls tore into their presents in a matter of seconds to reveal their goodies. Shelby's favorite gift was her hot pink MP3 player with Hannah Montana headphones. I think Bethany's was her Dora the Explorer ride-on car. We watched a bit of the Disney Christmas parade and then off we went to Grammy and Pap's where we opened presents and ate a yummy lunch. The next morning we got in the car again and took the 6 hour trip to visit my sister/brother-in-law, niece and nephew and mother/father-in-law. Shelby and Katie played so much. We barely ever saw them! Bethany does not have the "nice" concept down yet. She tackled Charley and whacked him on the head several times. Poor Charley! Bethany loves her cousin but she had a funny way of showing it! Amanda and I went to go see a movie, which was a lot of fun. We decided we were going to make that a Christmas tradition. Cory, Adam, Katie and Shelby played laser tag. This was Shelby's first time to play. I'm not sure she liked it too much because she said the music was really loud and it was dark! She stayed with Uncle Cory or Daddy the whole time. I have to tell you Adam and Shelby's names for their game...Adam was the Bubbanator and Shelby was the Shelbinator! HaHa!
Pictures are coming soon. Right now I'm getting last minute things together for another trip. Today, my mom, Shelby, Beth and I are going to visit my Grandad and Aunt and Uncle in NW Texas. Poor Adam will be all alone. I told him to watch all the "guy movies" he can stand while I'm gone! He'll be working on getting our bathroom back in order, too. (We're remodeling the bathroom in our bedroom.) I'm excited to see what all he's done while I'm gone. I think all that should keep him pretty busy! We'll sure miss him though!!

Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a great Christmas!

My sister and I always go and watch a girly movie when we are together for Christmas....it is a fun tradition!

You guys be safe on your trip.

Glo said...

Wow! What a time you are having so far! I am glad you all had a great Christmas! I sure miss you guys! I can't wait until things are back to normal and we can have a visit sometime. Miranda misses you guys terribly too! Well, have a safe trip to see your family on your mom's side. I will hopefully see you when you get back!