Friday, December 5, 2008

The tooth fairy paid Shelby a visit last night!

Now you see 'em....

Now you don't!



Shelby has lost her first set of teeth! Well, yesterday the dentist pulled her first two teeth. She had a permanent tooth growing in behind her two baby teeth and her baby teeth didn't seem to want to be moving too well, so they had to be pulled. She was pretty scared to have them pulled but she was actually very brave. (I think Adam and I took it harder than she did!) She went in the dentist's office with a smile and came out with a smile so I'd say it went well. When they pulled her little teeth (I couldn't watch!) and they put them in the tooth fairy box and I finally saw them, I cried and Adam told me I was making Shelby afraid so I quickly tried to put on a brave face. After all, that was my baby's first baby teeth to lose!



We have been telling Shelby that when she loses her teeth the Tooth Fairy will come while she's sleeping and leave her some money. We told her the REALLY GOOD kids will get a golden coin for every tooth. Sure enough, Shelby awoke to TWO shiny, new golden coins. She was excited!



Here's what the Tooth Fairy left!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Ouch...she is brave. WOW!

Love the tooth fairy box...cute!

Glo said...

That is wonderful Shelby! You were so brave and I am so proud of you for coming out with a smile! I don't blame you Jen, for crying either.LOL I think I would have too. Every little milestone that happens, we can't help but get emotional about it. I am proud of you too! :)

Unknown said...

She is reading and now loosing two teeth at once, she is getting big! Sounds like she was very brave.

Alison said...

So sweet...she's just having all kinds of exciting things happening to her lately!

Anonymous said...

The most precious part was after Shelby settled down the next morning. She said "I think the tooth fairy put me under a sleeping spell. I never heard her come in my room."

Adam