Monday, January 26, 2009

My Sweet Girls

Here lately Bethany has been pleasantly surprising me with spontaneously I Love You's and big hugs. In the mornings, to let us know she is awake, she yells as loudly as she can for Adam and I. Whoever gets to her first is greeted with a big smile and hello. Her favorite thing to watch on tv right now is the Wiggles. She dances up a storm when they come on. Her new dance is one where she moves her hips from side to side. The other day when Shelby was crying, Bethany went over to her with such a concerned look on her face, patted Shelby and said, "Cying!" Sweetheart.

Shelby is also a gem. When she sees that I am really tired, she's always quick to ask if there's anything she can help me with. She has such a big heart. She's taken up cooking with mommy. I really enjoy it. I hope she remembers cooking with me when she has a kitchen of her own. Shelby's a mother hen, too. Most of the time when Bethany is upset or crying, Shelby runs to the rescue to see if there is anything she can do to help. She's been that way ever since Bethany was born.

When Adam gets home, the first thing he hears from the girls is a screaming DADDY! He eats that up! Then the girls have to have hugs and kisses before they go on their way.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sweet girls.

I'm sure that she will remember cooking in the kitchen with you. Those are some of my sweetest memories of my childhood.

Stephanie said...

Evidence of really awesome parents!!

Glo said...

That is so sweet! You have 2 wonderful and loving children, which only means that they came from 2 wonderful and loving parents.....and me!LOL Just kidding! You both are awesome parents. I wish I could be that good!