Tuesday, October 23, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!


Thanks to your prayers, Bethany is doing GREAT. We arrived at the surgery center at 6:45 am which put us getting up at 5 am this morning. She was checked in and taken back to the prep room within ten minutes after we walked in the door. The doctor came out and talked to us and shortly after little Bethany was whisked away with her blankie. I wanted to cry but didn't. We were told to go back in the waiting room. They said by the time we get settled down in there they would call us back to get her. Sure enough that's what happened! The doctor told us her tongue was really loosened by the incision and she should do really well. I scooped her up and fed her a bottle! She sucked down her 4 oz. just like that! She was a little fussy but the doctor said that was to be expected. We had to stay a few minutes to make sure her tummy was not going to be upset by the anesthesia. We were out by 7:25 am. Tylenol is all I have given her today and she has done really well. She has not been fussy or anything! I can't even tell she's had anything done to her! She's been blowing raspberries at us all day today! It's amazing! I'm glad we went ahead and had this done.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good. Way to go Bethany

Stephanie said...

I am so happy (and relieved it is over). I thought about you guys all yesterday morning. Yay! It is wonderful how they bounce back and make you smile isn't it?!!

Anonymous said...

See...I knew she would do great!! And all that worrying. That sounds like THE easiest "surgery" I have heard of in a while. I'm glad she did so good.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear! She is growing up too fast. When are you coming to see your okie relatives?