Monday, October 22, 2007

Home Sweet Home

We're back!!! We had a wonderful vacation in San Antonio but it feels so good to be back at home in my OWN bed!!!
Don and Cindy met us in San Antonio last Saturday. We went to Sea World that afternoon. My favorite show was the Shamu show that evening. Shelby has always loved seeing Shamu. She said she wanted to be the girl who "dances" with Shamu. The next day we got up and went to Fiesta Texas. This was the first time we'd ever been. We didn't ride too many rides. We mainly watched the shows. Sunday night Adam got very sick and was sick all day Monday and Tuesday. It was AWFUL!!! He ate something that DID NOT agree with him. We got our eyes checked by my relative who's an optometrist and ordered new glasses on Monday. I can't wait until they come in!!! Wednesday we braved the heat and went to the zoo. Bethany and MiMi and Adam had to go back to the room early because it was JUST TOO HOT!!! Thursday we got up and started on our way back to MiMi and PaPa's. We stopped by and saw Adam's Grandma and cousins. It was sooo good to see all of you!!! Friday we went to our high school football game and saw quite a few classmates. My how they've changed!! I'm sure they thought the same of Adam and I. Saturday we headed to Dallas, spent the night and came on home Sunday. It was a busy vacation but we had so much fun!!! Thanks MiMi and PaPa for coming with us! We really enjoyed it!!! I'll post some pictures some time this week.

On a more serious note, Bethany is going to have her tongue clipped tomorrow. Her frenulum (sp?) which is the piece of skin that attaches the tongue to the bottom of your mouth actually goes to the tip of her tongue which if left as is will cause speech problems in the future. We are going to go ahead and have the procedure done now so she will not incur speech problems later on. The doctor will have to put her "under" and the procedure will not take more than a couple of minutes. He will stitch up the incision so it will not grow back together and she should be fine. I'm supposed to give her Tylenol for the pain and the stitches should dissolve in 7-10 days. She is not supposed to have a bottle after midnight tonight but can have it back after the procedure tomorrow. We have to be there at 6:45 am and will be able to go home the same day. Please pray for Bethany tomorrow. Hopefully she will not have any adverse reactions to the anesthesia and the pain will be minimal. Please pray for a speedy recovery also. You might also say a little prayer for Adam and I. We're getting a little nervous. We know that God is in control though. I'll update you as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all are in may prays

Anonymous said...

I will pray for y'all. I have faith that all will be well and Beth will recover quickly. I remember when Katie was put under and I was a mess.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast!!
Even though I am reading this late, I know Bethany will do great. God IS in control.