Sunday, May 4, 2008

Movie Night

Friday nights are usually family movie night at our house. We make a pallet of blankets in the living room floor and watch a movie that we have started renting from Red Box. You know, that movie vending machine outside of McDonald's? Well, this weekend our movie night was changed to Saturday night and we actually went to the movies (Yay! It's been so long!) and saw Horton Hears a Who (which is very cute, BTW). And, yes, we had the two girls in tow. Shelby LOVES to go to the movies but this was Beth's first movie going experience. Let's just say Mom and Dad didn't get to see too much of the movie. Bethany constantly wanted down on that nasty movie theater floor so I was constantly wrestling her to be still and be quiet. Shelby, on the other hand, enjoyed the movie immensely. I think it will be a little while before Bethany is old enough to enjoy catching a show!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

hehehehehehe

I see myself in that. Really I do.

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Bethers sounds like such a hoot! Forget the movie, she was trying to crawl to Dallas to see Aunt Jen. How rude that you stopped her.

Glo said...

I am glad that Shelby finally got to see that movie. I am sorry you had to wrestle with Bethers! I believe Miranda was barely 2 when I took her for her 1st and only movie so far.LOL I will try again soon though. I think she may be ready! I also like that somebody else is using my nickname I gave Bethany.LOL I love it actually!!! Cool Beans!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, Horton Hears A Who is soooo good!! That is too funny about Beth. No Jen, she was actually trying extremely hard to come to see her Aunt Summer in Abilene!! Silly!! She was planning on stopping by Dallas real quick to see you, Jen. ;)

buscher3 said...

Oh my gosh...after Sunday's incident in church and having to hold Zoe for 20 minutes or so, I can't imagine taking her to the movies and sitting for over an hour!!! You're brave, woman!