Thursday, May 1, 2008

POOR BABY

Bethany's been going through a rough patch lately. It all started 4 or 5 days ago when she all of a sudden started throwing up (and I mean EVERYTHING) her night time bottle. Then, she started not wanting her bottles during the day. Then, she started gagging and not eating her baby food. I was getting sooo worried! I took her to the doc yesterday and she looked in her mouth and said she looked like she was getting 3 teeth AT ONCE! That was more than likely the problem...all those teeth at once was causing her poor tummy to be upset from the pain. I did not even think of that! She is doing better now. I've been giving her Tylenol and am being gentle on her food and bottles. She hasn't thrown up in a couple of days. Maybe she's through the misery!

4 comments:

Jennifer Gallagher said...

Bless her heart! That's so sad. :( You can put clove oil directly on her gums and the pain will stop immediately. I would put it on a wet wash cloth and let her chew on it. I used it when my wisdom teeth were coming in. Works like a charm!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is just miserable!! Throwing up and getting teeth in. Poor thing!! I hope she starts feeling better. I know how teeth hurt. I remember with my wisdom teeth.

Glo said...

I am glad she is doing better now Jen. She is just so precious and I hate for her to hurt and be sick like that.

buscher3 said...

What is clove oil and where do you get it? I can't imagine the pain that poor child was in! I'm glad we're done cutting teeth. Joy joy...the fun times ahead!