Tuesday, May 27, 2008

NEVER Again!

So this past weekend we (Adam, the girls and I and MiMi and PaPa) decided to go to Riverfest. Riverfest is a 3 day long event full of concerts, food and family fun...or so I thought! We got there Friday evening and was very excited about seeing Huey Lewis and the News...the excitement faded as we walked slower and slower and slower. There were SOOOO many people there. It was so crowded you could hardly move. Keep in mind we had two little ones pretty much attached at the hip because we did not want to lose track of them. We stayed, oh...for the first song only and decided to leave before we got locked into the masses. There was every kind of person you could imagine there smoking (cough, cough) and drinking (ugh). Adam and I decided to go back Saturday night and see Better Than Ezra.

We stayed for about 4 or five songs and left. We only knew of one of the songs they were singing. Again, there were masses of people everywhere...very unpleasant. Needless to say, we will not ever be going back there. It was not enjoyable!
Most of the time we stayed at the hotel and napped and swam. We did a little shoe shopping...did I mention my feet? We did so much walking that my shoes rubbed blisters on my feet and I had to go buy some new ones which also rubbed blisters on my feet!
Sunday we decided to cut our losses and head home even though the festivities were still going on. We stopped and did some sight seeing on the way and had a really fun day.

MiMi, PaPa and the girls

A butterfly landed on Shel's finger and she was super excited about it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part was Shel & Beth
PaPa

Anonymous said...

Adam's Top 10 reasons not to go to riverfest.
10) too many people
9) too many drunks
8) too much profanity from the performers
7)TOO HOT
6)Porta Potties(I have seen things that you can't unsee)
5)Expense vs. what you get
4)Carnie food (corndogs, hot dogs, fried oreos...etc) Only because it is not on my diet.
3) Long walks in between events
2)Too many different cultures mixed together. (example...rednecks, gansta's...goth)Mix these and you will have disagreements.
AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON NOT TO GO TO RIVERFEST!!!!
1) Pot smoking cabbies.

Stephanie said...

ahhhhhhh. It makes me cry to see Uncle Don and Aunt Cindy. They are just the BEST grandparents...