Friday, September 21, 2007

MOPS

MOTHERS OF PRESCHOOLERS

It was so good to get to see everyone from MOPS today. It's been a couple of years since I have been able to attend because of work. I love MOPS because not only do the moms get a break to have fellowship (and eat...yum!) but our kiddos get to have fun with their own age groups too. It is a time to refresh and focus on our role as a Christian mom and wife and a time to get advice and share stories/experiences with other moms. We usually begin meetings discussing any announcements/prayer requests we have while we are munching on some goodies. Then we move on to a devotional or guest speaker that focuses on what topic we are discussing that day. This year's theme is The Home Factor: Begin Here Go There. We then have group time where we talk about various topics. Craft time is the last event of the day. I must admit I don't have much talent in this area but I think it is really fun anyway!

Today's topic of discussion was Hospitality. This is something I wish I had more of. I get stressed out when I have guests because I think that everything should be just so. Of course everything's not going to be perfect so I really shouldn't get all worked up about it. I will definitely have to work on being more hospitable.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel like things have to perfect too. It is a little easier now because I don't have the TIME to make things prefect, but I still WANT to. So it is an inner stuggle...
But seriously, I am sure no one even notices. I think it is great that you are trying to be more hospitable though. Not an easy task...I will pray for you to be more like Mary (or was it Martha?) hehehe How 'bout I just pray for you to be able to not care what people think about your house but to care about relationships! Yay!! Then blame it all on Adam...

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering if you were still in this. Seems like you have been involved in this for forever. I bet it's great to get together with other moms and get out of the house.
Hey, by the way, we got your pictures the other other day that you sent us. We hadn't checked the mail in a while. Thank you so much. They are so cute!! Bethany is getting so big!! I remmeber getting the call that you had her. It's amazing how fast they grow when you don't get to see them that often. :( Luv you guys!!

Stephanie said...

I didn't get pictures!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Uh-Oh!!

Stephanie said...

hehehee...Jen promised me they were in the mail...