Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bad News for Brit

Remember our new dog I was telling you about a month ago? Hmmmmmmm..... If you come looking for her, she's not going to be at our house! No, she's not in doggy heaven or anything. She is going back to her previous owner. Aw, "Why?" you may ask? She's apparently very angry for some reason. A couple of weeks after we got her she started getting out of our back yard. She got out 2 times until we finally figured out where the little rascal was getting out. Adam had to chain her up until he could get our fence fixed so she wouldn't keep running to our neighbor's house where all of her doggy friends are. She COULD NOT STAND being chained up. I know, I wouldn't either. But, we had to do it. I know our neighbor was sick and tired of finding her in her backyard all the time. Then, when we got the fence fixed and Brit figured out she could not get out, ohhhh she was upset! We have Lily (our Chinese Pug) for her to play with but I guess she wants to run with a larger crowd. First, Brit retaliated by chewing up Shelby's Princess bicycle helmet with the matching knee and elbow pads. Next, she knocked over our grill and proceeded to chew, no SHRED, the cover on it. It was in a million pieces. And, the straw that broke the camel's back was when Adam went out to start his riding lawn mower and it would not start. We didn't blame this on Brit at first until Adam began looking under the mower and discovered that ALL BUT 2 of the wires had been CHEWED COMPLETELY THROUGH! Did I mention this lawn mower is brand new? Adam was seeing red! He told me to find the lady's number where we got Brit from so we could give her back! I agreed. We can't have a dog that chews up everything in sight. Apparently she's not happy here anyway. The previous owner was sure sorry about the lawn mower but was glad to be getting her back. No, unfortunately she did not offer to help pay for the cables. We did not figure she would. Adam has ordered the cables and they should be in today. ($100 later!) Hopefully the cables are easy to put in. Adam found instructions on how to do it in the owner's manual. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets them back in and it runs like new...because it is!

It's been good knowing you, Brit! Bye, bye!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh No! We have had our share of crazy dogs around our house, too. So sorry.

Hope the girls aren't too sad about seeing her go...I know you and Adam aren't!!!

Glo said...

So long Brit.....you little stinker!LOL Are you guys going to get your money back that you spent on her? I sure hope so.

Jennifer Gallagher said...

That's too bad! It's good that you decided now instead of even more hundreds of dollars later I suppose. Some dogs are just untrainable. I remember Mike's first dog...Toby the yellow lab. He was a nightmare!

That's a beautiful picture of Beth eating her carrots, BTW!

buscher3 said...

My goodness. Sorry she was so much trouble for you! Bummer!