Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coupon Clipper

I'm officially a coupon clipper. With the rising cost of EVERYTHING these days, every little bit of savings helps! I found a really good coupon for the dishwasher detergent I use which knocked off a whole $2.50! I was really excited! Imagine getting excited over coupons! Shelby and I have fun with it though. Once a week we cut out coupons together. I think I even have some coupons for Olive Garden and Red Lobster (my favorite restaurant!) that maybe we can use some day. We're not going out to eat as much as we used to either. We're trying to save as much money as possible! It's overwhelming using coupons because I have so many. I have this little organizer that I put them in and take them with me to the store. I think I just need to pull out the ones that I need before I go so I don't have to be searching all over for the coupons I'm looking for. We buy generic food items as much as possible, but sometimes those coupons cut the cost on the name brands quite a bit.

5 comments:

Jennifer Gallagher said...

That is so funny! Mike does the same thing (don't tell him I told you). He used to spend forever going through the Sunday newspaper and he would tell me about all of his coupons with such excitement.

Besides saving money, it's a great way to try new products and see if you like them. Also, we used to have a rule that we could only eat out if we had a coupon. Olive Garden was my favorite one to find! Mr. Gatti's had some great deals though.

He doesn't do that anymore. Probably because he doesn't really have time. Just know that you aren't alone! ;)

Amber said...

OHHHHH...I Love Coupons! You are right about it being a little overwhelming though. And I sometimes end up buying stuff I didn't plan on or don't need, just because I have a coupon for it.

Stephanie @ My Answered Prayer said...

I'm with Amber...I tend to buy too much. I try to pull out what I know I need before I go. Fred's double up to $75 I think on Saturday's so you might try that too. At least gas here went down $.27 in 4 days. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Stephanie said...

oohhhhhhh...I like coupons. But I too tend to be obsessive and buy when I don't need bc I have a coupon. And half the time I know I have a coupon but I can't find it so I wait on that item then I have to go back to the store when I do find it and (big breath, sorry for the run on) so it doesn't save me money anyway. But I like them! I use them. I think it is fun :)

Shanna Lyn said...

I cut coupons all the time - but I can NEVER remember to use them! I have tried all different kinds of things to try to remember - put them in my car, paper clip them to my grocery list - but still I can't remember. And when I do take them in to the store with me, I usually end up buying the cheaper brand anyway! I just hate grocery shopping!!! I would love to higher someone just to go grocery shopping for me!!!