Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beautiful Six-Year-Old




Six years ago...Monday, November 11, 2002...10:12 pm...beautiful Shelby Lynn entered the world and our hearts forever! She weighed 7 lbs. 3 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. She had a head full of dark brown hair and the prettiest dark blue eyes you have ever seen. She didn't make a peep at first, just kind of looked around and checked everything out. As soon as the nurses started poking and prodding, the most beautiful sound to our ears could be heard: Shelby's FIRST cry! Adam and I were so happy! She was perfect and better than anything we had dreamed! Now our precious daughter is six today. I can't believe it. People have always told me to treasure every moment because they go by way too fast. Well, they were right. She's in kindergarten now and flourishing. She's the sweetest, most compassionate little girl I have met. She's always got a smile and positive attitude (except when she's tired) and she is crushed when she feels like she has disappointed Mom or Dad. It has been a WONDERFUL six years so far and I can't wait for what the coming years hold. Shelby is very much loved by Mommy, Daddy and Sissy! I hope she has a great day today!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

Congrats on such a sweet little girl, Mom & Dad!

buscher3 said...

Aww...happy birthday Shelby!

Anonymous said...

She six today & 16 is next. She is the greatly loved by MiMi & PaPa.
Happy Birthday my little big girl.

Amber said...

Happy Birthday, Shelby!!!!

Monica Squiers said...

Happy Birthday, Shelby!

JAA said...

You're right, the time does go by soooo fast. Hope you all have a fun week celebrating. I can't believe that Melody will be 6 next month too. They do get big so quickly. Sometimes when I hear myself talk like this it makes me feel old.