Friday, November 7, 2008

Scary RASH!




What started out to be some small dots on Bethany's face had quickly spread over her whole entire body yesterday. I could not figure out what was causing the rash. It was horrible. It made her cheeks look really rosy. There were red bumps covering her whole body. To be on the safe side we decided to take her to the ER last night. We were afraid it could affect her breathing since the rash was spreading so quickly. The doctor concluded that she is allergic to penicillin (which she had already been on for 5 days.) What a scare!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

eek!!! that is scary!

Monica Squiers said...

Oh my goodness, poor thing! I hope she gets better soon.

Emma said...

Same thing happened to me when I was little and I'm allergic to penicillin too.

Alison said...

Oh my gosh! Does she itch? Poor thing!

Mandy said...

Poor baby and Mommy! How terrifying! Glad it's figured out. Hope she feels better soon!

Amber said...

I'm allergic to penicillin, too. Same thing. Poor baby.

Mama to Belle and Scooter said...

I'm allergic to ampicillin and the same thing happened to me in college. My face swelled up huge and I could barely see. Fun stuff!! Glad she is better!

JAA said...

Wow!glad they figured out what it was. Hope she feels better soon.