Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Party Pinwheel Recipe


I made these Party Pinwheels for a baby shower for a friend of mine . It was my first time to make them and I thought they turned out pretty tasty. Here's the recipe:


8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1-4 0z. can green chilies, well drained
1 c. grated Cheddar Cheese
1/2 c. chopped green onion
Garlic to taste
Seasoned salt to taste
5 or so 10" flour tortillas

Mix all the filling ingredients together thoroughly. (I used a mixer for the sour cream and cream cheese to make it really creamy and smooth.) Divide the filling and spread evenly over the tortillas; roll up tortillas. Cover tightly w/ plastic wrap, twisting ends; refrigerate several hours. Unwrap; cut in slices 1/2 in. -3/4 in. thick. (I used a serrated knife so they wouldn't get smushed.)

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for posting this recipe! These were so good! Thanks for making them for my shower.

Monica Squiers said...

They look yummy, I love pinwheels!

Amber said...

ooooohhhhh....pretty. ingredients look yummy, too!

Emma said...

Seriously? Who needs Martha Stewart when they have you as a friend?! You're amazing!

Glo said...

I bet they turned out really good! Thanks for the recipe Jen!